Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Win some Lose Some

Avenod. The night prior myself, kage, and my pal Gohdric went on a roam. Traveled all through Metropolis even venturing into Heimatar *shudder* but found nothing. We again decided to probe the lines of Amarr space and try our luck there. We found another farmer in his Merlin and took care of him. A couple systems later we engage a Retribution outside a small plex. We each land at separate times and begin a trifecta of autocannons, lasers, and blasters. His shields go down, and his armor is steadily being torn apart. Nice catch. Spike in local.

Before I can warn the guys, an Enyo, Wolf and a Griffin (grrrr) land on grid simultaneously. It was pretty cool to be honest. The Retribution was in deep armor, but his buds targeted me and I exploded in a glorious ball of Rifter fire. I threw a gf in local as I warped to a safe in my pod and awaited the result of the fight on D-Scan. A few moments later kage tells us he popped the Griffin (yay!) but three assault frigs against three T1 frigs was more than we could handle.

RIP Rifter
RIP Tormentor
RIP Fed Navy Comet

They died a glorious death, and will drink and tell tales of their endeavors together. *sniff* Since it was late and none of us had ships nearby, we called it a night.

And thus, Avenod! Since I still had loot laying around the area I decided to gather it all up and contract it to my hauler dude to keep the coffers nice and full. Problem is every time I tell myself "Just go straight to the stations, pickup the loot and go drop it off!" I end up checking every system along the way looking for a fight! Not even two jumps into my "pick up loot only" mission, Slasher at a plex. I cannot resist, who could!? Loaded EMP into my guns, chugged a Quafe, and overheated everything. Slasher was sitting right on the button as I scrammed, webbed, and let the guns loose. Just as I anticipated he was MASB fit with a TD. I was comfortably tanking his guns, but his shield was struggling; taking huge hits into armor as it repped. My 200mm Auto Cannons were too much for his tank, and boom. As I looted, I saw a Tristan on short. Hmmm ... my shields are gone, no armor damage, 4 reps left on my SAAR, guns aren't smoldering too bad from the last fight ... let's do it! I burn back to the beacon just as the Tristan enters the plex. I loaded Fusion which wasted precious seconds of me getting the jump on him. He points me with a long point which meant he was kite fit, and as I begin shooting his shield is holding strong. Damn wrong ammo! At this point his drones are doing their job and doing it well, and I'm not doing enough damage to break his shield. It's too late to switch back to EMP and I'm out of nanite reps. I calmly began evasive maneuvers (align to sun, overheat my afterburner, and spam warp!) as I enter low armor. I break his shields and his armor is taking big hits, but at this point I'm 13km away as I enter structure. Just as I reached the edge of his long point range, boom!

I entered Avenod in my pod and grabbed another Rifter. Had a quick smoke, slammed another Quafe and undocked. Executioner and Slasher at a plex. I can do this. Loaded EMP to deal with the Slasher first, landed on grid and duked it out as the Executioner warped off. He was taking good hits into his armor but his shield repped just in time to save him as I was comfortably tanking his guns. He begins to neut me! Spike in local. Not again!

I orbit at 7,500m to get out of neut range and continue firing away. Even though the voice in my head is screaming to GTFO spike in local why are you still here! his tank is about to break and I can pull it off! He neuts me again as I check short and see 2 Incursus and a Merlin. Oh yea here we go. I heeded  the voice (you win this time!) and began to pull range. Fortunately the Slasher had a short point, and as soon as Aura informed me I was safe, a Merlin and his boys had landed on grid. Threw a gf in local and docked up to rep the damage. Ok seriously just go pick up the loot!

I go along the route to my first destination, Vard checking D-Scan as I go :]
Navitas at a novice. Warps off just as I enter the plex. Continue my journey. I put the pedal to the metal as I fly through Heimatar. I don't even stop for a bathroom break as I load the loot into my Rifter and head off to Metropolis to collect my other set of loot. As I warp off the Vard gate in Amamake, a Slasher lands. What is this Slasher day!! I make haste back to Vard and find the Slasher at a novice. As I enter the plex he warps off. Ok back to the mission! I make it to my second destination and load the loot. Since I'm four jumps away from Gultratren, I decide to do the loot piñata.

Basically I look for fights along the way and the lucky person that kills me gets a nice amount of loot, like a piñata! But unfortunately there was no winner this time, nor any participants.

Landed in Gultra safe and sound, contracted all the loot to my high sec contact, cracked open a fresh can of Quafe and tuned into my favorite program. Nothing like watching CONCORD chase down bad guys! o7

No comments:

Post a Comment