Thursday, March 26, 2015

Skirmishes here and there

Haven't had the time to get a good session in since our last R1FTA roam. Real life has allowed me some brief space skirmishes over the past couple days, and last night I finally got some time to get a good roam going. Here we go!

Got the crew together, fired up a Rifter and undocked into Minmatar Space!



 
I checked out the Arnstur Triangle, which was two other systems that went off the main path of Gultra - Arnstur - Todi, and went Gultra - Arnstur - Brin- Helga - AND then Todi. Found nothing. Continued on down the pipe when I entered Arnher, and saw a friendly face. Coraceus Aivoras!
 
 
Fought this man before in a 1v1 at the sun and he's good to go. Space Bushido is strong in this one! I asked him again in Arnher if he was up for another 1v1 since I wasn't having any luck finding targets. He agreed and we met at a planet away from the center of the system so we'd be left alone. I land and moments after his Merlin lands on grid. I overheat my afterburner and begin going into a straight line away from him to get out of his deadly blaster range as I scram, web and fire the guns. His shield falls apart fast, TOO fast! My autocannons begin to blast away at his armor, and that's when I saw he was armored tank. I continued to fire away with EMP loaded landing solid hits but each time he repped the damage. My shield hadn't been breached, and I was close to 7k meters away, a safe distance away and turned off the overheating in my afterburner.. I raised an eye brow as my speed quickly plummeted to almost a crawl. Dual Web Armored Tank Merlin! He was gaining on me, and I decided to switch to Fusion to do max damage against his tank before he got into blaster range. At 3k meters he let his blasters loose and my shield crumbled and began to tear away my armor. I activated my repper as my guns continued to reload, (the lack of activity has made my crew lazy and slow!). My tank was holding and my guns were ready to go with Fusion projectiles and I fired away. It was exactly what the doctor ordered, and the Merlin exploded in a ball of Caldari fire. Exchanged good fights and chatted a bit about stuff n things, and we went our separate ways. I returned the loot to Gultra and restocked on ammo and nanite paste, and continued with the hunt. I checked the Arnstur Triangle again, and this time spotted a Venture on scan towards a belt. Why not!
 
I loaded Phased Plasma and Inferno Rockets and warped off hoping to bag me a Venture! I landed at the wrong belt and warped towards the other belt nearby. He was 20km away from me, and I burned in his direction hoping he wasn't paying attention. 16km ... 14 km ... still motionless mining away ... 13km ... 10km .. FIRE! I even threw a web on him as my autocannons tore apart the Venture. Three volleys of Minmatar fury and the Venture exploded. I spam click target lock to grab his pod and succeed! I looked at his age, was about three months old so he should've known better to go afk in low sec at a belt. I throw a wave in local towards him as he was motionless throughout the entire ordeal to see if he'd respond. I fired away as he wrote "lol". Don't AFK mine in low sec!
 
I check out the wreck and take the Miner II laser since it was the most valuable module in there. I continue on my route, and entered Evati. Three Thrashers sat at the gate each about 15km off. I didn't have any celestials in front of my Rifter, closest was the sun which was a good angle off. I debated on whether I should warp for the safe, or burn back towards the gate. I took my chances with evading the Thrashers. As I was aligning and building up speed to warp off, the Thrashers began to target me. Just as I thought I was good, I heard the sound alarm informing me I was targeted and scrammed (long point) and got hit with a good volley that took me to half armor. I overheated my afterburner and activated my repper and burned back towards the gate. I was 8km from the gate, the long pause from the first volley must mean they had artillery cannons. I should've burned towards the gate instead.
 
I got my pod out of there and docked up, since I had no other ships in the area except back in Gultra which required me to go through those Thrashers. I decided to call it a night and go back at it my next time around. Apologies for the shortness of this entry! Happy Hunting!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment