Monday, March 23, 2015

The Bigger They Are

Running low on Quafe. I cracked a fresh one and sat back down as I waited for the rest of the gang to arrive. Today, R1FTA was gonna roam the Neighborhood. Soon the gang had arrived.

Kage and his baby blue's.
Relbmar n that neatly combed hair.


ThunderaceNL, don't ask him about his eyes!



Obidiah Kane, with a Leonidas scar.
One of our Prospects, Sayda Auduin.
 
 We hopped on comms, threw a fleet up, and entered our trusty tech 1 frigates. Here we go!
We were hunting methodically in Metropolis, our intention to reach the system where the "roads split" off into either the shortcut pipe systems of Orfrold/Klogori/Hadozeko, or head into the ghetto's of Amamake and roam Heimatar. Today must've been one of those days because there wasn't a lot of activity as we continued on our path. We enter Bosbogger and spot a Svipul on scan. Like a pack of hungry wolves we pounce on the Svipul and fire away with lasers, autocannons, rockets, drones and blasters. Even with all our combined firepower, the shield was tanking very well. Extremely well! Kage and his Tormentor exploded but we stayed on the ship refusing to give up. We were making progress on his shield but he was still reppin' the damage. Soon after another one of our Black Jackets went down, leaving myself, Sayna, Kane, and Relbmar still shooting the damn Svipul! His shield repper must've been reloading because our guns began to punch through his shield and fill his armor with dents and holes! It was strangely quiet on comms, but I figured everyone was just focused at the task at hand. When we got the Svipul into half armor, another comrade went down. We've lost too many to bail out, and the last of us on the field continued to press the attack. We broke through his armor and began to go to town on his hull, victory within our grasp. But then, huge chunks of his shield began to rep, and took another one of ours with it. It was just Kane and I left amongst the wrecks and debris in space. The Svipul pointed me and I told Kane to get out of there as my shield quickly fell. Moments after the ship lost point and I warped off to a safe, hoping Kane got out as well. I checked D-Scan and saw his capsule on scan. My goodness, very good work by that Svipul pilot. Most impressed!

Gf Patpewpew!


We gathered ourselves in fleet chat, and turns out the reason why everyone was so quiet was because our comms had gone down.


We reshipped and hopped on our backup comms just as the Prez himself logged in. Darth Terona!
Once you get past the tattoos and well groomed hair, he's a nice fella!

 We met up in Gultratren, and since Metropolis and Heimatar wasn't yielding any targets, we rode towards Amarr Space. Upon entering Kurniainen on the way to our out gate, we see a flashy Stabber at the gate with us. We locked it and fired away eager to dish out some payback from the last fight. The Stabber went down quick, and became our first victim of the day. We repped up, I slammed down a Quafe, and off we went again. In Sosan, we spotted a Thorax sitting at a plex. I called it out on comms as I warped off towards it. As I landed on grid, I burned towards it and got point on the cruiser. Immediately I saw my speed fall quickly as I was webbed and the Thorax was landing solid hits on my Rifter. Thankfully the cavalry arrived just as I exploded, and scored another kill. The gang pressed on hunting in Amarr space as I went back a couple jumps and reshipped into another Rifter. I caught up with them a few minutes later in Egmar. I checked D-Scan and saw a Kestrel at a novice plex. Perfect! I let the guys know where the fight was about to happen and went to tackle him. The gang was a jump off so it would be just me and the Kestrel for a bit. He was sitting about 25km off the warp in and I thought he was gonna warp away, but as he yellow boxed me I burned towards him. We pointed and webbed each other as his rockets rocked my ship. I had to reload from Barrage to EMP, costing me a few seconds of gunfire. I activated my guns and fired away with my good 'ol 200mm Autocannons. His shield was falling quickly as my armor tank was holding up very comfortably. As his shield broke and began to take chunks of damage to his armor, I saw the boys enter system. As the Kestrel was smoking and on fire, the gang entered in time to finish him off. Woot! Loot 'n scoot, dockup and rep, and off we went!

We checked out some more systems getting impatient with the lack of targets. A few minutes later in Hadozeko, we spot a Confessor, Exequor and SFI on scan and at the same plex. Impatience and eagerness to kill is quite a combination, and we warped towards them ready to go out guns blazing and in the name of good fights! Confessor would be primary followed by the SFI, and the logi cruiser last. I landed to the sound of explosions and gunfire, which meant they were shooting each other! I burned towards the Confessor but he sped away just as the pack of frigates landed. He was 25km away and I focused on the SFI who was within 10km. Scrammed and webbed the SFI, called it out on comms, and we fired away. The Exequor had warped off, and the Confessor kept getting farther and farther from the fight. The SFI pilot tried to fight, but our frigates were too much for him. Black Rebel Rifter Club baby! We celebrated on comms at what just happened, expecting to die in a glorious fire. Instead we forced a Confessor and Exequor off grid and caught a SFI with the simple element of surprise. Beautiful!



Couple jumps later we caught a Slicer pilot, who didn't like the extra amount of guns on his ship and dirty'd up local a bit. We laughed and carried on. Since RL was beginning to call many of our Black Jackets away, the Prez decided to have a free for all to finish the roam. We warped to a safe, Darth counted down, and we destroyed each other.

In the name of explosions and good fights! The boss went down first for lulz. I was able to explode the Sayna's Rifter in a display of Black Jacket to Prospect love. I followed suit, succumbing to the firepower of Thunder's blasters and kage's artillery cannons. Thunder exploded, leaving Kage and Kane in a Firetail duel of the fates! The winner of the R1FTA free for all emerged as Kane's smoldering wreck joined the graveyard. Kage self destructed his ship as the victor as we all laughed at the shenanigans. Good fun and explosions :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment