Saturday, March 14, 2015

And so it begins ...

o/

So this is something I've been wanting to do for a good while. Along with the great and entertaining blogs I've read before playing EVE and during, I also want to share my stories and good fights with whoever happens to stumble upon this blog and hopefully inspire a young pirate out there or someone who's been apprehensive about spreading the pew pew.

This is for all those who fight the good fight, keeping solo pvp alive and to those who log on just to cause explosions.

I'll just get right into it. The following events occurred a couple days ago and finally am able to share it now due to real life (grrrr). Hope you enjoy!

Another late (or early for you Aussie's!) night (or day for you Aussie's again!) as the tinkers and clinks of the Republic University station greeted my ears. I checked my Rifter to make sure I had the essentials. Ammo, nanite paste and of course ... smokes, Quafe, and my sidearm. Check check AAAAND check!
Gultratren is where we call home, and by we I mean the Black Rebel Rifter Club

These guys took me in when I was a couple month old, wide-eyed newbro with dreams of one day becoming a mean 'ol pirate. Forever grateful.

The Neighborhood.





Heimatar. Metropolis. Red Space. This has been my hunting ground for a few months now. It has its fair share of gangs, gate camps, blobs and those linked "solo" fighters, but the good fights are here and the populace is good to go. I undock and begin my route.














I go through a few jumps checking the plex's with no luck. A fellow Black Jacket shows up in local, kage huren.
Don't let those beautiful blue eyes fool you!
I ask if he wants to pair up for double the trouble and together we set off with our engagement envelope a bit bigger now :)

We travel for a while getting teased by people who warp off soon as we get inside a plex. We hit Hadozeko, a system in a "pipe" chain of systems that connects one section of Metropolis to another. This route is usually camped during busy hours but at this time, it's clear and good to go. We spot a Caracal on scan and pin point it towards a small plex. Hmm.... together we warp. Loaded EMP since I was expecting him to be shield tanked, and overheated everything. We land on grid and there she is about 50km off the gate. We try bouncing off a nearby planet and landing at a distance hoping to get right on top of the cruiser but to no avail. The Caracal begins moving in a straight path towards us at a fast rate, close to 2k m/s. I watched his path for a few seconds, activated my afterburner and traveled in a direction that would intercept his. The gods favored me that day, yes because red is their color (Gladiator anyone?), and the dude either wasn't paying attention or was too cocky, and he got in point range. Scram, web and let loose, the Caracal was going down. A few seconds later, glorious explosion.

We pushed on to the other side of the neighborhood, where we found an Executioner chilling at a plex. R1FTA warp, load Fusion, and of course overheat everything. Land point and the pilot offered no resistance, didn't even move. That's because he was everyone's favorite type of person, the low sec farmer. Look at those stabs, poor ship. I held the pod and waited for kage to get on it as well, and together we executed the farmer.

 We continued on our roam. Couple jumps of nothing, D-Scan informs us of a Tristan at a novice. We land on grid, the Tristan warped to the sun. We have a chase!

Kage was the first one to land on grid with him, and as I exited warp the Tristan had already warped off and Kage was right on his Gallente tail to another plex. I catch up a few moments later, and as I slide the acceleration gate I check short scan and see a Griffin. Grrrrr ewar. CLOAKY ewar at that! Sneaky squirrel. I decide to focus my fire on the Tristan since it was the closest to me, with the Griffin about 15-20km off the warp in. The Tristan quickly falls into deep structure, and before I could get the last killing blow, I'm jammed. Cursing under my breath I spam target lock as Kage and the Tristan duked it out. A few more seconds go by and two more jam cycles or whatever they're called and my companion explodes bravely. Noooo!! Kage gets his pod out, and it's just me, mr Tristan and the good 'ol Griffin. I decide to stay in the fight but after another successful jam, I begin evasive maneuvers. The drones are hitting me hard, my armor tank hanging in there as I aligned to the sun and spammed warp. I can't shoot back let alone target the guy (grrrr ewar), and all of a sudden I hear Aura's beautiful, confident soothing voice "Warp Drive, Activated.". What the!!? Somehow someway either through the Tristan's error or some other unknown reason (the gods favor you, red is their color) I got away in a smoking Rifter.

We resupply a couple jumps from our fight and now Kage and I are flying R1FTA style ... Two Rifters *evil smiley face*

We decide to check out Amar space, and as we're passing through a few systems with no luck, we see this in local:

cjunkies > omg
cjunkies > rifta club
cjunkies > is still alaive
cjunkies > alive

Never met the man in my life, and as we land on the out gate I have time to throw back a wave. That was pretty cool :)

We continue on and I see a Rifter on scan that isn't us. I always get excited when I encounter another Rifter pilot in low sec, it's gonna be a good 'ol fashion brawl! I check the plex's but don't see him. Then ... I see it. It was on scan towards a cyno. No it can't be. There's some belts in that direction too, maybe he's going super old school. Gentlemen .. I saw it with my own eyes. Someone was using the Rifter as a cyno. Somewhere in the echoes of eternity, a thousand Rifters cried. I had to save the ship, and save the ship I did. Justice was served, and together we pressed on. We enter Vard and Kage spot's a Caracal on scan towards a mission plex. Inside the plex he was about 120km off, but we burned towards him anyway. Few moments later all the rats inside began firing at me breaking through my shield with their missiles. I informed Kage I was bailing and warped towards a safe. As I exited warp he said the Caracal warped off towards the sun, so I followed suit. I arrived a couple after Kage, but there was A LOT of t2 drones sitting there. So like a good 'ol space poor pirate I began scooping 'em into my cargo hold to find them a new home later. Kage said he saw the Caracal cloak up and was gonna burn towards its direction. I continued scooping drones, and Kage's determination and persistence uncloaked the Caracal! Surprised I scrambled to get a lock on him then proceeded to fire away. Kage and I fired with extreme prejudice and exploded the Caracal. Even got his pod with a couple implants *grin* We celebrated like two lions who have bagged a water buffalo.

We dock up to repair the damage and drop off the loot, and there's a Fed Navy Comet out 'n about in space sitting at a novice. I inform kage and we warped towards him, our autocannons still smoking from the last fight. Two Rifters, one Comet. Exchanged gf's and again docked, repp'd and dropped off loot.

The return trip back home to Gultra was uneventful. We docked up, cracked open some Quafe and lit up some smokes and heartily conversed about our roam. It was a good night.

3 comments: