Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Blood Red Terror

Solo and very small gang pvp is the main play style in Black Rebel Rifter Club. A lot of us in the solo pvp community have memories of our most favorite fights, and those which we cannot believe we pulled off. Well our very own Prez, Darth Terona  recently achieved one of these feats. I admire the skill it took to pull off what he did. Anyway, in his own words!

Blood Red Wolf.
 

So I start the night off in my trusty duel web Republic Fleet Firetail. I check my ammo to make sure its topped off and set a course for Tama from Gultratren.
A couple of jumps in, I encounter a lone Throax sitting on the large in Todifrauan.  Without question, I order my ship to warp to the plex at zero. You see, I'm a crazy fool who hunts for those famed outmatched fights. The Thorax should make short work of my ship with duel webs and blasters, coupled with tech II drones.
I'm a fool for attacking him. But there is no room for fear when you're a Black Jacket.
I land right on top of the Thorax and quickly tell my ship to orbit at 500. One cycle of my MWD locks me into close orbit fast, and I lay in with Republic Fleet Fusion and Nova rockets. I only put one web on him though and a scram.  He launches drones, and I quickly switch my aggro to them. Web, AC's, rockets, BOOM. Web, AC's, rockets, BOOM, web, AC's, rockets BOOM, webacrocketboom warb! Now the Thorax is defenseless against me.  He is shield tanked. I neglect to load EM ammo.
I get him down to low armor and a Hookbil lands on top of me. So I let loose one web, AC's and rockets on him. Again without switching ammo. https://zkillboard.com/kill/48004280/
The fight is lost, with the Thorax in deep armor and the Hookbill's shields stripped away. If only I had switched to EM or Thermal ammo.. Oh well.

Determined not to let this derail me, I pick up a Retribution from Gultratren and head back towards Tama hoping for a rematch. I didn't find that Thorax and Hookbill duo.. but I did find a beautiful death.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/48004678/
 
On my way to Tama, I find a Rifter and Hawk in Arnher. The details of how the battle began are fuzzy to me, but I do know I found two of em' at the large outpost. I warped in at 100, turned 180 and burned away. A third landed, and a fourth, and a fifth. They seem like they wanted the fight. Their FC chanting taunts in local.  My tactic is working. In a bid to catch me, they are all burning at me at different speeds. The Tristan was the fastest. He got within 30km and the next closest opponent was 65km. I shut off my MWD, and wait for it to cycle. Then I turned and burned with  an overheated MWD right at him. I know that with that speed, he is set to kite. He is caught well off guard with my Retribution 1km off his tailpipe re-sculpting his hull quickly with Conflag. I'm able to pull off shooting Conflag at him, which usually kills tracking, because I know he wants nothing more than to get away from me. He does pull out to 11k towards the end of the fight, and I'm forced to fit scorch and oh MWD and scram to catch him again.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/48004587/
 
The next fastest is a Rifter. I fly away from the blob after my first kill with my micro warp drive screaming.
I pull a 30k separation on the Rifter, and use the same move to slingshot back on top of him, Conflag heated and ready to go. It takes all of two orbits to completely destroy him.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/48004616/

Burn away from the blob you fool! Oh yea!

I pull straight up and light the MWD again. this time. This time I notice the Kestrel and Punisher are far enough away (90km) for me to have a nice long fight with the Hawk. So I turn back onto him.  The Hawk does nice bits of damage to me, but my Pulse Lasers and Conflag coupled with approach and some manual piloting to keep my nose pointed right at him melt away his shields. I hear an alarm and look down. My hull is 20%! so I have a moment of weakness, load Scorch and start to pull away with the intent on leaving the fight. Its not going well though, as he has a web. But I notice his shield stopped repairing. I had tasted victory, I needed only to turn back into him to ensure my destiny. Conflag loaded, I burned all the way out of scram range in order to cycle my MWD and approach. It works nice!  I swing right at him passing 500m from his bow. as I pass, he showers me with a beautiful explosion!
https://zkillboard.com/kill/48004638/

I'm really hurting at this point, but I want them all. With less than 5% armor I turn and burn for the Kestrel who is within 20k of a punisher. I know I probably wont survive.. but I don't care. I never care.
I make a running pass at the Kestrel while really working my way into a tight orbit on the Punisher. I know I can get under his guns. Punisher is the primary target, but I wont ignore the Kestrel while I have a shot on him. I pass the Kestrel at 1.3k peppering him with Scorch on the approach from 14 to 6k and Conflag from 6k to 6k and finally scorch again from 6k to 9k on the opening vector. He, to my surprise, could not handle the attack and melted.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/48004668/

My move works well, I'm right up next to the Punisher just like I want to be. But sadly cannot establish an orbit like I want because of my lack of AB or web. I started the fight in 40% structure after the Kestrel,  and got the Punisher down to under 10% structure.. One more shot!!! but it was not to be.. With 40% structure and severe heat damage to all my mods, I was out of tricks.  Great Fight!

The guys are really cool about the fight, and I explain to them not to be discouraged. I've been doing solo for years, and designed this ship to fight Svipuls. We chat in local a bit, many good fights where exchanged and I learned that the FC (Hawk guy) was getting people to follow him to low sec to pick up fighting. I offer to pay for all their losses and make some new friends... well, such as friends are for me.. I'm likely to shoot my own tail if I can ever catch the damn thing.






Some good shit right there! As he shared the story with me and later on with the rest of the corp, I was just amazed. Biggest I ever fought out numbered was about a 3v1 in a Rail-cursus (and lost), but this right here is another level! This deserves a celebration from SpongeBob!



No comments:

Post a Comment