Tuesday, July 7, 2015

A Good Start

After the success of the prior day, I ventured out again into the Neighborhood in my Rifter. A fellow Black Jacket, DontTouchMeHair (or DT as I call him for short), was out and about looking for trouble as well. With the lack of targets in my specific area, I decided to meet up with him in Heimatar a few jumps over.

I reached Ardar, a system in the middle of a pipe route that can take you "South" into Metropolis or "North" into a shortcut through Metropolis to another constellation. I spotted a Merlin on scan, and slammed the brakes on my ship. It was sitting at a novice, and I couldn't pass up the chance. I wheeled around and warped to the novice loading the appropriate ammunition and rockets. I entered the plex and the Merlin was sitting 80 something kilometers from the warp in. Ahh! I approach him at the base speed of my Rifter, watching to see what he does. A couple seconds go by and he hasn't warped off, his speed and distance indicate he's slowly approaching me as well.

I begin to approach him using the spiral method as we circle each other like a pair of sharks. I eyeball his guns and they appear to be railguns. At about 30km the Merlin locked me up, and when I reached 20km I overheated my afterburner and did the same thing. I reached brawling distance fast, shut off the overheating, and inside 10km we exchanged volleys. The gun fight was intense, my eyebrows raised a bit when his shields fell quickly but mine followed suit. At this point I noticed my speed had dropped to a snail's pace. Dual Webs! His rails were landing significant hits and tearing up my armor pretty good. My repper was keeping me in the fight but if I didn't something fast I was gonna have to keep DT waiting longer in order to for me to reship! Eff that noise! I begin to zig zag with hopes of messing with the rail's tracking. The Merlin was now in half armor and my Rifter was working overtime reppin' the incoming damage. Then the Merlin repped. Really bro!? Switching ammo at this point would mean 10 seconds of me just taking punches without firing back, and with the amount of reps running low it was do or die. I overheat my afterburner and burn directly towards him. I slowly close the distance between us, and some of his shots are missing my Rifter as I begin to orbit him close. I watch the heat damage on the afterburner which is dangerously close to burning out, debating whether to shut it off now that I'm in brawling range. Huge hits were landing on both sides with the occasional miss from the Merlin. As his Merlin entered deep armor, my afterburner had burnt out. I was out of nanite reps and was running on empty reps to stay in the fight, and the Merlin was quickly leaving my Rifter in the dust. At around 4,000 meters the big hits were landing, sending me into structure. I continued to zig zag towards him, each volley sending him deeper into structure. Both of our ships were on fire, but he had a lot less structure left than my Rifter. Moments later, R1FTA VICTOR! Woooo! My heart was beating and I suffered a small case of the shakes, it felt amazing :)

We exchanged gf's in local, and he was a bit suspicious of my speed. I assured him that I don't use links or drugs, then he asked if I had snakes and answered no. I'm too poor to drop that amount of ISK on implants, I much rather use it towards more Rifters and ammunition! It wasn't until I shared the killmail with DT that he pointed out it was an EVE Uni player. Gf!


Hanuman Ormand, watch out for his Merlin!

I drop off the loot at a station, repair my ship and reload my guns and continue making my way to DT.
He was getting some action too as he linked a killmail of a Tormentor, and said he had just got out as a Dramiel landed on grid. He repairs the damage on his Incursus and takes another look to see if the Dramiel pilot was still in system. He most definitely was, and sitting at a novice. I arrive and meet up with him and we decide to fight this fella. We iron out a solid plan of attack:

[ 2015.07.05 19:56:44 ] Sem Skord > are drams usually shield or armor tanked?
[ 2015.07.05 19:57:07 ] Sem Skord > im here
[ 2015.07.05 19:57:16 ] DontTouchMeHair > dunno :)
[ 2015.07.05 19:57:21 ] Sem Skord > haha lets do this

We warp to the plex, and even with two frigates on short the Dramiel stayed put. He must've felt really confident. I take the gate and land inside the plex with the Dramiel sitting right in the warp in, DT lands moments after me. The Dramiel locks me up and fires away as I close distance as well, holding a close orbit. He was shield fit and I had Fusion loaded (derp!). He starts to neut me so I overheat my afterburner and evade to escape neut range. In the midst of the escape his shields are holding steady as I begin to take damage to my armor. At 5,000 meters my cap was successfully neutralized, but the two webs on the Dramiel allow my Rifter to drift away and regain some cap life. I was still taking damage and was on my last few reps as the Dramiel's shields broke and began to crumble. I had floated out to 10km so I wheeled around, overheated my afterburner and burned back to help DT finish him off. The Dramiel melted as we fired with extreme prejudice and destroyed him.

After a bit of whooping and celebrating, DT and I assessed the aftermath:

[ 2015.07.05 20:00:53 ] Sem Skord > 0_0
[ 2015.07.05 20:00:57 ] Sem Skord > 49 mil in loot
[ 2015.07.05 20:01:14 ] Sem Skord > ill split it with ya when i sell this stuff
[ 2015.07.05 20:01:37 ] DontTouchMeHair > no worrie buy 20 Rifters !
[ 2015.07.05 20:01:47 ] DontTouchMeHair > 100 I mean
[ 2015.07.05 20:01:51 ] Sem Skord > why are you so good to me DT
[ 2015.07.05 20:01:58 ] Sem Skord > you deserve someone better
[ 2015.07.05 20:02:10 ] Sem Skord > haha
[ 2015.07.05 20:02:22 ] DontTouchMeHair > I have loot all over which I'm too lazy to collect :)
[ 2015.07.05 20:02:50 ] DontTouchMeHair > good kill though !
[ 2015.07.05 20:02:58 ] Sem Skord > couldnt of done it without ya
[ 2015.07.05 20:03:35 ] DontTouchMeHair > nope surprosed he stayed, they underestimate Rifters
[ 2015.07.05 20:03:53 ] Sem Skord > yea, i was expecting him to leave the plex when we both showed up
[ 2015.07.05 20:03:58 ] Sem Skord > or on d-scan i mean
[ 2015.07.05 20:04:15 ] Sem Skord > once that shield broke
[ 2015.07.05 20:04:17 ] Sem Skord > melted <3
[ 2015.07.05 20:06:09 ] DontTouchMeHair > 108m kill :)

Beautiful, outstanding work! Two frigates taking down a pirate faction frig. I love it. I think this deserves a celebration!


Haha hope you enjoyed the read!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment