Friday, August 7, 2015

All Roads Lead to R1FTA

"All Roads Lead to R1FTA." - Dominoe Vyse

The past week has been chalk full of fights, explosions and exciting news! First off, the explosions and fights!

Yesterday
After a vacation over in Gallente/Caldari space, mainly the area around Heydieles and Placid, I returned to the warm red embrace of Minmatar space. I undocked in my Rifter and went off with one thing in mind, explosions! Local shows only four people in local (including myself). Two of them are in the same corp and are young players. They're not FW. Maybe those far belts? Mining!? Far belts turned up nothing, so I decided to just go on about my way. Docked maybe. When I landed on the out gate, I checked d-scan one more time and a Covetor and a Worm were nearby! I narrowed them both down at a belt together, one mining and the other providing security. I was the only one online because it was late, and I had no one around to lend a hand. Gonna have to do this solo!

Usually I don't attack Worms, but since they were young players I weighed the odds in my favor. Load EMP and Mjolnir rockets, overheat everything, and warp in! I landed in the belt, the Covetor and the Worm 34-36km away from me. The frig was orbiting the barge, circling it in a protective orbit while the Covetor mined away. My plan was simple, burn towards the Worm, hold a close orbit and fire away! We burn towards each other with the Worm locking me at 30km sending a volley of Light Missiles my way. I enter brawling range, web and scram the Worm and return fire. I'm hit with a TD as a couple volleys send me into armor and I activate my SAAR. My 200mm's are halfway through his shield as the missiles keep coming, but so far my tank is holding up! Still in the fight! His shields fall past the halfway mark and enter it's last quarter of life! But the barrage of light missiles are beginning to overwhelm my reps. I notice that my distance increases from the Worm! Shit! With no web on me I was soaring away from him, I hit the brakes and burned back towards him. As I turn around 8,000 something meters from him, another volley sends me into deep armor as I finally break his shields. My autocannons tear his armor apart as my repper coughs up another rep, bringing some life back into my Rifter. I bleed heavily into hull, and my SAAR can't repair quick enough. The Worm enters half armor, and I give my Rifter a good death. If only I had another pilot to help out! Bah! Such is the solo life I guess! I make a mental note to bring in a couple assault frigs to Avenod for these situations in the future.

I hop in another Rifter and set out to Amarr space through Isbrabata. The first border system I enter, there's three people in local (including myself again). I scan around and spot a Tormentor at a plex. I warp to the plex, load Fusion and Nova rockets and prepare myself. I land on grid and the Tormentor was 6k meters away, right in brawling range. I lock him up, web and scram, and unleash a rocking barrage of projectiles and rockets that take out 3/4's of his shields! He locks me up, lands his web and scram and blasts my Rifter with his lasers. His ship is getting tore apart as he enters half armor when my shields have just fallen. I leave my afterburner overheated incase he begins to pull range. I watch his speed increase but not enough to evade my Rifter. Another volley of rockets and bullets send him into hull as his armor begins the repair dance. I'm comfortably tanking the damage as he begins to bleed into structure. The Tormentor is on fire and smoking as it struggles to escape. My SAAR runs out of reps, but with my Rifter not even close to half armor and his Tormentor already at half hull I don't worry too much. The Amarr frig refused to die, but it must've ran out of reps as well because the armor was no longer coming to life. Seconds later, R1FTA Victor. Gf! I loot 'n scoot, dock up, repair and drop off the loot and continue on my way.

A few jumps further into Amarr space, I spot a Kestrel at a plex. I land inside and the frig was in hugging range of my autocannons. Didn't put up a fight at all as the ship fell apart. It was a farmer! I caught his pod, read him his rights (Ezekiel 25:17), then delivered justice.

That's when Grease PaYN entered system asking for a 1v1.

Honors 1v1's :)
We've fought before and it was a good fight, so of course I agree to a frig 1v1 at the sun! We also agree to fire on any third party that attempts to interrupt our fight. Ok! Let's do this! Tormentor at the sun, I load Fusion and Nova as I warp to meet him.

I land on grid and he's 11km away. As I burn towards him I immediately lock him up, web and scram and unleash my guns. We both enter armor at the same time as we blast each other. I activate my repper which begins patching my Rifter together as PaYN enters half armor. I close in on a straight approach towards him as my guns continue to tear apart the ship, sending him into structure. His repper kicks in and repairs some of his armor as it takes significant damage to his hull. I punch through his repper, and with a series of devastating volleys explode the Tormentor! Gf! I return his loot to him at a station.

We duel twice more after that, the second round he flew an Executioner that gave me hell. He was able to stay outside my range effectively, preventing me from landing any good volleys. Although I had him in deep armor, I was a breath away from death when I noticed he had no point so I warped out. Third round was no different. Gf!

On my return trip home I saw a Rifter at a Novice, so of course I stop by and say hello. He never broke my shields :)


Now! The exciting news! We have some veteran Black Jackets who are dusting off their cuts and returning to the gang. I feel like a Black Dragon again :)

Remi Nardieu
Ano Regni


Domino Vyse


Lucas Padecain

Brink Albosa

These fellas are the pirates that showed me the way and helped me grow as a pvp'r and an outlaw. Even though I was sad when they went their own way to do bigger and better things, I was thankful for the time spent flying with 'em and blowing shit up together. Now that these straight killers are flying their old colors again, I couldn't be happier! Welcome back gentlemen!

No comments:

Post a Comment