Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Most Dangerous Game

I remember throughout high school, specifically in English class, we'd read short stories in class then discuss them afterwards. The story The Most Dangerous Game stood out to me the most. TLDR of the story, a competent hunter is invited by a renowned hunter to a far off island where he resides. He ends up becoming the hunted, as the host reveals that animals no longer thrill nor challenge him, so he now hunts men. *DUN DUN DUUUUUN*

I logged on earlier today and took a look at our corp kill boards to see who's been chillin' n killin'. Some good fights on the kill boards! My heart warms up when I see our Prospects out there exploding and spreading the pew pew. I take a closer look at who's been exploding us, and I see the name Crake Gaterau.



The pvp legend, the Colossus of Clout, the Master of Atrons! Really though, this man is a well known killer in low sec. Reason why I bring up a random story from high school and Crake? Well, we all know EVE is a sandbox and it's what you make it to be. For me pvp was the path I wanted to go down from the get go. A combination of a desire to explode other peoples space ships and the challenge to even become a novice in the pew pew was what attracted me to it. Another thing about EVE, you gotta set goals for yourself, no hand holding :)

For example, when I first started learning how to pvp, my goal was to score that first solo kill. When I achieved that, I wanted to score my first solo destroyer kill, then a cruiser kill, and so on and so on. In the process of all that fighting and dying, valuable knowledge and experience was gained. Lately, I've run out of goals and just been exploding ships for the sake of explosions. Which there's nothing wrong with of course, but sometimes there's gotta be a reason behind the madness, something to keep you going. Today, after seeing those killboards, it came to me.

 Just like men is the highest form of game for the antagonist in The Most Dangerous Game, I want to win a fight against Crake, a renowned hunter of capsuleers. Various times throughout my travels, I've been exploded by this man and his companions (solo! not blobbed). Now that I kinda know what I think I'm doing with a ship, and to keep the fire going, I'm gonna make my way to their stomping grounds, seek 'em out, and fight them. I know they've been killed, they're not invincible, but I've yet to score a kill against 'em myself. It's my new goal. And judging by the skill of the opponents, it's going to be one that will keep me busy for a good while :)

So if you read this and see me in Adirain and the surrounding regions, you know what I'm up to. I'll still try and explode you if I get the chance, don't be mistaken! But if you see signs of my quarry, hook a Brutor up and point him in the last known direction!

Happy Hunting o7

2 comments:

  1. Feel free to swing by Brink's Bar in CBD station! Always an open bar stool for you, Sem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucas! I know it's a rough 'n tough pirates bar, but I hope there's margaritas!

      Delete