Thursday, April 2, 2015

Hunting We Will Go II


Day 2

I walked to my hangar, Quafe in hand ready to cause more explosions in the Neighborhood. Where's my crew? I recognized a couple of the faces and asked 'em to gather up the rest of them. Shortly after they were making last minute checks and diagnostics on my Rifter (some duct tape here, chewing gum there) and we were in space, on the hunt once again.

Arnstur, first stop of many. I warp to my safe and scan around for targets, a Slicer appears and he's chilling at a novice plex. Loaded EMP ammo and Mjolnir rockets, overheated everything and warped towards him. I keep hitting short scan as I take the gate and warp into the plex to make sure he's still there and not teasing me. The fight ensues, and he's right on the beacon well within brawling range. We trade volleys as we break through each other's shields, once he began to take armor damage and repaired it (ten second reloads!) I switched to Fusion as the speed of my Rifter combined with the poor tracking of his lasers left me relatively untouched as I waited for my guns to load. The lasers sent pretty beams of light towards my ship but each hit missing, as I let loose with my autocannons and rockets. He had quite a good tank because he held for a bit, but my firepower was too much for the Amarr pilot. Gf gf! Loot n scoot, docked and repaired my damage and continued on.

I passed through my usual hunting grounds with no luck. For a good twenty minutes I traveled enjoying the scenery of space and doing cool little warps playing with the camera and stuff. I reached the Crossroads and debated as to which route to take. Considering the fact I had quite a bit of time to kill, I went with the path through Heimatar up into Dal to another section of Metropolis. Think of it as the long way around to the other side of the Neighborhood. Surprisingly no fights or targets as I search through Heimatar, hoping I'll find something, ANYTHING, in Metropolis. When I entered Eszur, the first system I entered, Ebolfer, I scanned around. Not a lot of people in the system, but I saw a Rifter at the novice. My heart skipped a beat! I loaded Fusion and Nova rockets and warped towards the plex. He was about 15km away from me and I was waiting for him to warp off. I burned towards him anyway hoping he was too engaged with the FW rat he was shooting to notice me. I held my breath as I got closer and closer, then activated my web, followed by my scram and then fired everything. His shields melted and I began to pound away at his armor and he still hadn't even targeted me. His Rifter entered deep armor when the pilot began to rep the damage but in feeble amounts. I was webbed and began to take fire, but it was too little too late for the Rifter. In the midst of the explosion of his ship I began to spam target lock his capsule with success, and expedited his journey home. Fairly quick fight, afterwards I decided to call it a night since it was slow. I take the shortcut through Hadozeko across the other side of Metropolis, and that's when I spotted a local hell raiser of the area, Dato Koppla.

We exchange waves and as I land on the outgate he asks for a 1v1. Hmm, I had success against a Slicer earlier tonight, why not! I agree and warp off towards a novice as he begins to lock me on the gate. I enter the plex and wait inside going over my tactics in my head. Dato knows his stuff, so I would have to be on my stuff to come out successful! Check short scan and his Slicer appears. My heart beats a little faster as I wait for him to enter the plex. The audible boom signals he's entered and immediately I burn towards him to close distance as I spam target lock. I unleash the autocannons and rockets expecting an armor tank, but I'm taking nice big hits from his lasers. It'll go away as I get closer. At 3,000 meters I'm still getting hit hard, sending me in half armor.  Stay on him! My guns bring him into armor but it's like I'm throwing grapes at his ship. Another volley from his lasers puts me in low armor. Dato's Slicer delivers the final blow to my Rifter as I warp off in my pod. Man those were some huge hits! We chat a bit in local and he tells me his Slicer was a troll fit. My guess something with a huge tank and good deeps. We exchange gf's and wish him good luck on his roam.

I dock up in Gultratren and take stock of my inventory, down to one Rifter!


I think I might've underestimated this blogging beast! Real life has picked up a bit as well, hindering my EVE time, let alone time to sit down and share my fights with you guys. I try to recall the fights from memory, but after a few days combined with everything else going on, the memories become a bit hazy! I hope those of you reading this have enjoyed the fights and skirmishes I've shared, and I promise to continue to post them here. Thank you guys, happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment