Sunday, January 3, 2016

First Blood

Happy New Year! Three days and I haven't had the time I'd like to spend exploding space ships in my Rifter, but fortunately my fellow Black Jackets have been spreading the love themselves! Dr Bob Madeveda shares his stories of his travels from time to time with us, and this one was so full of badassery and pew pew I had to share it here!

In his own words from THE DOCTAH!

Yes, he's a Dr.
So it's been a while, but I finally got back in a Rifter in Ishomilken:

First up I spotted a Thrasher in a small, with good odds he was a newer pilot, seemed reasonable odds:  as I landed a Comorant landed alongside, took the gate and hoped for the best.  They were together, so I just got smashed.

Re-shipped into an alternative fitting: 150mm guns, neut, and 400mm plate.  Not sure how good it is, we'll see.  Launched myself at a Kestrel. Dual web: got kept at range; neut no use; my DPS too low; I exploded.  Definitely missed the extra power of the 200mm Autocannons and the little extra help from the rockets.

Got back in the standard brawler again, and headed out.  Saw a Stay Frosty in a Kestrel in a Novice plex.  The last one was armour and dual web, so I loaded Fusion and Nova, and took the gate.  We locked each other up and opened fire.  His shields were dropping slowly, he's shield fit and I'm firing the wrong ammo.  I overheat the AB and speed up the orbit, mitigating more damage.  His shields drop slowly, and my reps start triggering. I staggered the reps to save some cap, and overheated the rockets as well.  I was in deep structure as he exploded.  The AB burnt out before I could loot the wreck, and a Tristan appeared in short scan. I aligned and warped out as another SF warped in.  The pilot suggested a fight once I had repaired, which I took.

Reloaded with Fusion and took the Novice gate.  We locked each other up and opened fire.  I kept a loose orbit to avoid the neut, and overheated everything.  My damage punched through his reps and so I dived in at the end to punch through the final bits of hull.  GFGF!

Two Stay Frosty kills back to back!

Dropped the loot off, repaired up, and headed out.  Flushed with success against Tristans, I took a fight with another.  Loaded Fusion, set a tight orbit and opened fire.  His shields were blown away and his armour reps pulsed.  As my shields dropped, I went to trigger my own reps, but no cap!  I'd missed him neuting me out!  I overheated everything and I exploded with him in structure. The fight was closer than I expected, and if I'd thought to keep a looser orbit it might have been a different outcome.


Re shipped and headed out again.  Saw an Incursus, Rifter and Punisher on scan, but I couldn't find them at a plex. Thought they might be at the sun, so I loaded Fusion and Nova (common theme tonight!) and warped to zero.

No one was there, do I started D-scanning again, and after 30 secs or so, the Incursus landed: Great come to me!  We locked each other up.  I orbited wide, anticipating Neutron Blasters and overheated guns and fired the rockets.  My damage punched through his armour, and his reps started.  As he started dropping into armour the Rifter and Punisher appeared alongside us!  Shit, locked them up, but I'm going to take at least one out - overheated guns and AB and dived directly at the Incursus.  More damage was coming in, but I watched him explode.  Damage was high, and I was losing armour.  I switched guns to the Rifter, not hopeful, but he would be least tanky.  I went to trigger reps but no cap!  Shit, not again...  I overheated everything on the Rifter, and prepared to go down fighting.  We both dropped into structure together, maybe I'll get two!  Suddenly he disappeared; he warped out!  Orbit the Punisher, mitigate some damage, watch the cap, fire shells and rockets at the Punisher. Cap inches higher, and bang, off goes a rep!  Watched the mod cycle round, as my structure dropped down. With a sliver left it pulses a big chunk of armour back!  Still in the game, but desperate times. Before I can do anything else the Punisher warps off too.

3v1 and held the field!  GFGF in local, looted the wreck, and went to find a station to repair again.

Found one more fight with a Tristan, more luck in one night against them than I've ever had before. That recent little nerf clearly helped.  They don't feel quite as OP anymore.

A fun return to shooting and looting.


Good stuff Dr Bob, real good stuff :]

No comments:

Post a Comment