Thursday, December 3, 2015

Dance with the Devils

Ishomilken! For a few months now Black Rebel Rifter Club has called this place home. We wasted no time in ... introducing ourselves throughout the neighborhood. Now we're all settled in and making the most out of what this region has to offer. I had some time to kill before I had to pickup my kid from school, so I hopped in my Rifter and undocked.


Mushikegi

When we first arrived, it took a while for me to get familiar with the region. Which systems led where, where the gate camps usually sit, which systems had the most potential for finding fights, all that good stuff. Basically I had to know the new neighborhood.



My usual route for a quick hunt is the pipe from Isho to Manjo, which led to the constellation of Kunala. That small cluster of systems allowed for a circular route back to Isho that usually yielded a couple fights. A fellow Black Jacket, kage Huren  was looking for trouble as well. It's been a while since we've seen each other so I was excited as we exchanged greetings. One of our Prospects, Samadhi Amarata also logged on and we chatted as I roamed around. A couple jumps in I entered Mushikegi and saw a Tristan and an Incursus at a novice.


Sem Skord > hey
Sem Skord > trist and incursus at a nov in  Mushikegi
Samadhi Amarata > sorry, was reshipping - no I lost to a Tristan and ... I think a Kestrel and something else
Sem Skord > anyone nearby?
kage Huren > 1j

I aligned to the novice, loaded my nice shiny Republic Fleet Fusion ammo and Caldari Navy Rockets, and overheated everything.

I started listing the possible ways that Tristan would be fit. Long range, MWD, with rail guns? Long range with no rails? Brawling with neuts? Shield? Armor? Tristans are very versatile, but like the 'ol saying goes, "If it bleeds .. We can kill it.".

kage Huren > incursus dual rep, try to burn it?
Sem Skord > if trist is close range go for that first
kage Huren > iw
Sem Skord > if its kiting, hold the incursus and blap drones of trist

My though process behind this was the Tristan would be the most threatening and lethal since it can project its firepower from long range or close range. The Incursus is a slow frigate and a single web would allow us to operate outside its blaster range as we dealt with whatever the Tristan threw at us. Here we go!

[ 2015.12.02 22:13:44 ] kage Huren > incursus alone
[ 2015.12.02 22:13:46 ] kage Huren > 60k off
[ 2015.12.02 22:13:49 ] Sem Skord > damn

Kage hauled ass towards the Incursus. Moments later the sounds of lasers and blasters greeted my ears as my slow Rifter hobbled over to catch up and join the fight. I checked D-Scan to see if the Tristan would return.

[ 2015.12.02 22:14:05 ] Sem Skord > dd on short
[ 2015.12.02 22:14:07 ] Sem Skord > come to beacon
[ 2015.12.02 22:14:19 ] kage Huren > omw

I was 20km from the beacon when I slammed Ctrl+Space to stop my Rifter and burn back towards the warp in to catch that Daredevil. Kage made it before me with his speedy Tormentor. The Daredevil warped in and the shakes punched me in the stomach. He was about 5,000 meters from me as I landed my point and web and let loose with my barrage of bullets and rockets. I orbited him outside blaster range to give me some breathing room as his shields fell. Kage was zooming around the Daredevil firing away with his lasers as the pirate frig yellow boxed me. His blasters missed my Rifter as a Black Jacket assault of projectiles, rockets and lasers blasted him into half armor. The Incursus was 38km away closing in. Oh shit! My heart beat was up, my hands were trembling and I think I wasn't breathing for a bit. Another devastating volley ripped through his armor as his hull began to take damage. The Daredevil choked out a shield and armor rep as his structure was being redecorated. The Incursus was 27km away and began to lock me up. Some desperate shots from the DD's blasters landed but my shields were holding up. Almost there! Almost there! The Daredevil continued to rep, but our fury and relentlessness was too much. Wooo!!  I scrambled to target his pod as the Incursus drew closer at 18km but he managed to escape. I locked up the Incursus at 13km and burned towards him as Kage blasted through his shields with a volley. Before I could get my guns on him Kage's lasers were landing big hits putting our target into half armor. When my guns finally began firing the Incursus was already into structure and falling apart. My Rifter was being hit with some solid shots but my tank held comfortably. All of a sudden the smoking and flaming Incursus repped its armor back to full with 1/4 of its structure left! The gunfire continued and it overwhelmed the frigate in a satisfying explosion. Oh my goodness! The shakes! 2v2 Frigate action! R1FTA Victor!

The celebration was short lived as short scan showed some visitors outside the plex.

Sem Skord > dramiel on scan
Sem Skord > on short
Sem Skord > beacon
kage Huren > heres hoping
Sem Skord > beacon
Sem Skord > dram

The fights had moved us away from the beacon a bit. After Kage collected the loot off the battlefield we burned back towards the warp in and waited. The autocannons were still smokin' but spinning with bad intentions. Our Tristan from earlier appeared on short too. I began to think about evading as the Dramiel and Tristan might be a bit too much, but Kage .. the Crazy Englishmen settled my nerves with one command.

Keep calm, and stay!


kage Huren > stay

I stayed. Moments turned into seconds, and the duo still hadn't warped in. I checked short scan again.

Sem Skord > get out
Sem Skord > daredevil on scan too
Sem Skord > Daredevil, DD and trist on short

Needless to say we got out of there as local went up by three or four people. But something had possessed the Englishman. The lust for explosions and twisted metal? The thrill of emerging victorious after a 2v2?

Sem Skord > you out?
kage Huren > yeah
Sem Skord > nice
Sem Skord > local went up a bit as well
kage Huren > we can do this

I'm not gonna let a fellow Black Jacket fight alone!

Sem Skord > let me reload my SAAR
kage Huren > warp novice at 100km
kage Huren > when ready
Sem Skord > kk
kage Huren > hopefully drag them out some
Sem Skord > alright

My SAAR was loaded and ready to go, and we warped to the novice. The three from earlier weren't there but were still on long scan. A few moments went by and the group was replaced by a couple of Firetails in system. We sat and watched 100km away as a Firetail landed on the gate. I was unable to eye ball the guns on his ship as he warped into the plex. Shortly after a Daredevil landed at the same distance. He warped off to a large which was empty. We gave chase, but he warped back to the Novice. We turned around and went back but he escaped our grasps. Kage and I entered the novice, and we didn't have to wait long when a Firetail appeared on short.

Sem Skord > firetail short
kage Huren > sliding in

I still had Fusion loaded as the Firetail entered the plex. I figured with Kage's lasers, his shields wouldn't put up much of a fight and in case the Tristan or other pair of pirate frigs show up I'll have the proper ammo loaded and ready to rock. Kage and I locked up the Firetail and fired away. Our volleys penetrated his shield and tore apart his armor, but his shield reps kicked in as his structure began to take damage. His fire focused on me, but my shields were holding. Our gunfire was overwhelming his shield tank.

Sem Skord > DD short
kage Huren > dd short

The Firetail was putting up a stubborn fight, but it exploded just as the Daredevil warped in. The shakes came back again as we turned our fury to the pirate frig. Within two or three volleys the Daredevil had lost its shields AND its armor. It was melting under the barrage of bullets and lasers. The Daredevil wasn't able to get a single rep off as it sat there and exploded. What!!? The shakes continued to hold me as we sat there in Mushi victorious. The smoldering wrecks of our enemies hovered around us. Corp chat was something like this:



Sem Skord > kage, good shit bro :)
kage Huren > my cargos full loot
Sem Skord > lets go drop it off in isho
kage Huren > I didnt even need to rep once, you got all the abuse
Sem Skord > My tank held :)
Sem Skord > haha
kage Huren > im glad
Sem Skord > still shaking btw
kage Huren > yeah i cant breath properly
Sem Skord > lol

Good fun! We dropped gf's in local as we headed home with the spoils of war. We encountered a big gate camp, with logi cruisers and a Gnosis on both sides of the Isho gate but were able to get away no problems. The gods favored us this day! I docked up in our home station still collecting myself, thinking about what just transpired in a manner of ten minutes. Man! That was intense! RL began to knock at the door as I thanked Kage for the fun.

kage Huren > shall we go?
kage Huren > or you wanting your own thing
Sem Skord > i have to pickup my kid from school in a few
kage Huren > ahh fair enough, its like 11pm here
kage Huren > forget about timezones
Sem Skord > alright guys i gotta run. kage thanks for that intense pew pew man <3
kage Huren > <3
Samadhi Amarata > o7 Sem
Sem Skord > later guys o7








No comments:

Post a Comment